Yes..the time is ticking away, 2 more weeks of namma chennai b4 I pack up and start a new phase in my life. Something that i have always wanted to do for a very long time..ye, to pursue my management degree..after a not so grueling preparation session(well to be honest i never studied like i was supposed to,i could give a hundred excuses but, i sit back to think maybe i could have done better)...anyways CAT came and went, and i thought i had to throw my dreams outta the window atleast for this year...come the results and i got an 85 percentile which i think is not too bad for some1 who gave work more importance, than was needed.then came the eternal search for the college that would take me in with my work ex and score...After a thorough search in google and loads of reading up on PG(Pagalguy, i am sure most of the MBA aspirants would know by now), i narrowed down on three colleges - SDM IMD, Kirloskar and Wellingkar. I went by my gut feeling and applied for all three, the irony was that SDM had just extended their dates for applying (here is where i think God has mysterious ways of making things work). I was eagerly waiting for the results of all three, first came the call for Kirloskar, i dont know why but i never had the urge to really go for the GDPI. Next came the call from SDM IMD. I was really excited, one cause i thought this was the college that would really click for me and second being my best friend was called too!
So the dates fast approached and after the PI, i thought "OH my God, will i really get in!",(well i guess i have the luck to get stress tested in interviews cause the same thing happened with Infy too). After days of waiting n constant checking of the results, it was D-Day. I was so excited to see my name in the first List !! My excitement grew no bounds, for several reasons - a) I have been given the wonderful opportunity to pursue my dream b) Frankly, i did not see myself growing in the technical industry(My heart always reached out to management) and c) It gave me the wonderful opportunity to go and live in the hostel, i always have felt that hostel life would give me a sense of responsibility and of c hostel life is supposed to be a lot of fun!
After loads of discussions with my near and dear ones, it was decided that i take up the offer from SDM. And before i knew it, my folks and I were in Mysore, to check out the campus and pay the fee.We took a tour of the campus and I found it to be a very neat college, with clean infrastructure and warm people. We made a decision. this was were I am going to spend the next two years of my life! We paid the fee and thus I officially became a part of the SDMIMD 2009-2011 batch ! I'm excited, I'm scared, I'm exalted, I'm terrified and there a hundred other feelings that are running through my head now.. However i am looking forward to this journey which i hope helps me develop holistically and serves as a platform for great education and fun!
So the dates fast approached and after the PI, i thought "OH my God, will i really get in!",(well i guess i have the luck to get stress tested in interviews cause the same thing happened with Infy too). After days of waiting n constant checking of the results, it was D-Day. I was so excited to see my name in the first List !! My excitement grew no bounds, for several reasons - a) I have been given the wonderful opportunity to pursue my dream b) Frankly, i did not see myself growing in the technical industry(My heart always reached out to management) and c) It gave me the wonderful opportunity to go and live in the hostel, i always have felt that hostel life would give me a sense of responsibility and of c hostel life is supposed to be a lot of fun!
After loads of discussions with my near and dear ones, it was decided that i take up the offer from SDM. And before i knew it, my folks and I were in Mysore, to check out the campus and pay the fee.We took a tour of the campus and I found it to be a very neat college, with clean infrastructure and warm people. We made a decision. this was were I am going to spend the next two years of my life! We paid the fee and thus I officially became a part of the SDMIMD 2009-2011 batch ! I'm excited, I'm scared, I'm exalted, I'm terrified and there a hundred other feelings that are running through my head now.. However i am looking forward to this journey which i hope helps me develop holistically and serves as a platform for great education and fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment